Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Once Upon A Lawn Business Card Redesign

Once Upon a Lawn, LLC Business Card after redesign
Once Upon a Lawn, LLC Business Card after redesign (click to enlarge)
Once Upon A Lawn Business Card before redesign
Business Card before redesign (click to enlarge)
This Business Card redesign came to me from a client that just wanted to order business cards from me. But after they sent me a picture of their card I just couldn't help myself in suggesting some design changes. This card also has a back that has a BBB logo and what they do in black in white print. While the customer was set on their logo and colors that is being used in all their materials, I thought there could be some design improvements. I felt that the design was not unified nor read well. So I changed the top bar by using the shape of the leaf and move to just the upper corner, this fit well with the larger logo. I also placed a brown strip next to the orange, holding a brief description of what they do to the front of the card. This gives the viewer a quick explanation of what they specialized in without the need to flip the card over. I also changed the half circle to the lighter color of green in the logo and over lap it a little on the brown stripe to help unify all the elements which helps with the flow of the card. The mount now looks more like a mount of lawn or landscaping. I also used the same font which is in the logo, Bakers Signet, in some areas complimented with varying weights of Helvetica and eliminated unnecessary verbiage "phone:". This helped add interest as well as adding an additional element of unifying the overall design. While I considered a matte finish for their earthy feel, I opted for glossy for its durability of looking sharp longer after being carried around in a pocket, toolbox or in the ashtray of the pickup.

Once Upon A Lawn Yard Sign (click to enlarge)
Yard Sign
Once Upon A Lawn Vehicle Magnet (click to enlarge)
Vehicle Magnet
Thanks to this business card redesign, it has brought us additional business from this client. I have carried the design over to vehicle magnets, yard signs, and soon to letterhead and apparel. In addition to this, I am confident they will be reordering these items from Jalapeño Designs in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment